|June flew by faster than a race horse at the |
Strawberry Hill horse races
- I ran 140.8 miles
- I turned 29 years old
- I ran on 23 days (took 7 rest days)
- I went to Duck, NC for a week
- I placed 2nd or 3rd overall at the Naked Foot 5K
|Naked Foot 5K with Miss Zippy!|
July is now here, so let's think of some health/fitness goals!
- Run smart and take off at least 1 to 3 days per week
- I joined a new training team that does higher mileage than I'm used to doing, so I want to make sure I don't get too swept away with it.
- Eat at least one meaty protein item every day
- I'm not naturally a big meat eater, so I'm working on getting more protein into my diet
- Pick a fall or spring triathlon and do at least one cross-training session per week
- AKA start getting proficient at swimming and NO, Katherine, doggie paddle doesn't count :)
Outside of the fitness world, my goals are:
- Be a more proactive friend in real life
- I sometimes get caught up in my own world and forget to show the people I love how much I care about them! Don't assume that people know how much they mean to you.
- Plan a trip and schedule lots of vacation for the fall!!
- Keep my e-mail inboxes empty.
- I have been horrible at this...
Do you have any goals for July?
I am usually NOT a monthly goal setter, but one of my books on tape the other day mentioned how beneficial (in terms of happiness and success) it is to set goals, so I'm going to try it out. Gotta love the books on tape :)
oh and PS please stop by Heather's blog! She's fundraising for a therapeutic horse program and would love any help she can get!