I blog here because I want to encourage others to believe in themselves and FOLLOW their dreams! I believe that anything is possible with enough sweat, hard work, and determination.
A little about my background...
- I live in Virginia, born in Washington, DC. I went to a teeny tiny middle-high school, followed by the University of Virginia (BSc Biochemistry) and Virginia Commonwealth University (BSN Nursing) for a second bachelors degree.
- I'm starting my masters/doctorate in nurse anesthesia at VCU in August 2013.
I love to travel.
Favorite trips of my life:
= bike trip across German with my dad after graduation from UVa
= bike trip across Spain with a group of friends after high school graduation
My Abridged Running Story
I first started running a couple years ago when I started working at my new job (full time, but only three days per week) and I had a ton of free time on my hands. I only ran for fun...strictly no races, I just would go on "jaunts" of a couple miles.
I eventually worked my way up to running 8 miles a few times per week and then decided to try running a 10k. My first racing experience included 2 10Ks in one weekend and I was HOOKED!
My running journey has not been without a bump or two, including a pelvic stress fracture in 2010, which took me out of running for 5 months.
Highlights of my running life thus far include:
- Running a 3:26 marathon in May 2012
- Qualifying for Boston at the Rehoboth Marathon in December 2011
- Running a 42:44 10K in March 2012